Thursday, April 9, 2009

WORLDS!

This week I (Stephanie) got to compete in the World Championships for Irish dance (a.k.a. Oireachtas Rince Na Cruinne) in Philadelphia. I had 151 dancers in my competition and out of those only 50 recalled (got to dance a 3rd dance and place). I did not recall, but had a GREAT time!! There were 8 countries represented in my competition! It was so neat hearing all of the different accents. Not only did I get to dance in Worlds for the 1st time, but I also got to eat my very first Philly Cheese Steak! (Pat's of course!!) Yummmmmmm.

THANK YOU to Nanny, Grandma, Karen, Auntie Beck, Aunt Sharon, Aunt Nancy, Miss Laura, Alexis, Courtney, Rachel, Miss Becky, Jonathan, Andrew, Nicole, Miss Mimi, Isaac, Hannah, Mrs. Sennecal, Laurissa, Emma, Mrs. Murphy, Erin, Mrs. Taylor, Caitlyn, Siobhan, Mrs. Perks, and of course my wonderful family for coming to watch. I definitely had the LOUDEST applause!!! =) It was great having you all there! Boys......you're the best for sticking through it all!

Special thanks to Miss Heather and Miss Lisa for all your support, encouragement, and great teaching!

And for everybody else who prayed for me and wished me good luck, it was much appreciated!! I have the best friends in the whole wide world!

Nationals is next!! ha ha!


5 comments:

Mimi said...

Steph,

Thanks for letting us be a part of your life on such a big day! We had a great time and are so proud of you and all your hard work. Most importantly we thank God for what a great example you are and what an amazing attitude you had during such a long and tiring day.
We love you!

Miss Mimi, Isaac and Hannah

Bethany said...

Where are the pictures Stephanie!!!! Congrats so proud of you.

Wasko Family said...

About the pictures...you're not aloud to take any pictures "whilst the dancers are in motion." It is such a long, tiring, exciting day that my mom never really had time to get a photo shoot in (or at least I didn't have time!). She was extremely disappointed, but we did order a photo from the official event photographers, maybe we can scan it in and post it!! Thanks for the comment!

Stef

Katherine M. said...

Stepahnie, We are proud of you! Your attitude so honors the Lord. Keep up the great work! Love, The Myhills

Bekah said...

Way to go Steph! Wish I could've been there but sounds like you had quite the cheering section! love you!